Saturday, April 7, 2012



Duties are ours, events are the Lord's; when our faith goeth to meddle with events, and to hold a court (if I may so speak) upon God's Providence, and beginneth to say, "How wilt Thou do this or that?" we lose ground; we have nothing to do there; it is our part to let the Almighty exercise His own office, and steer His own helm; there is nothing left us, but to see how we may be approved of Him, and how we may roll the weight of our weak souls, in well-doing, upon Him who is God omnipotent, and when what we thus essay miscarrieth, it shall neither be our sin nor cross.
~ Samuel Rutherford

2 comments:

Kiri said...

Hi, V! I don't know if you do tags on this blog or not, but I've given you an award on my blog! I'd love to see your answers or please feel free to completely ignore.

http://storygirlsbookshelf.blogspot.com/2012/04/11-11-11-award.html

Much love to you and your precious family!

Kiri

AlanaTatter said...

I came across this today, and wanted to let you know that I'm taking it for a Facebook post today. :)